Friday, October 5, 2012

Posting with Gratitude

            I think right now, i am just very grateful to be the person that i am today. For being raised in a community that has the same morals that i want to live. For being born in a family where i have been given the gospel. I realize it really can be so hard to decide what is right and wrong. there are so many different directions that seem good. So what is right? well I am glad that i know what is right because i know the gospel is true and the gospel of the Lord does not leave any questions. It gives direct instruction about what we should be doing and how we should be living.

            I feel bad for people who do not have this simple truth, this thing that shows you how to live and this thing that makes living make a little more sense. I mean, i researched some different cultures around the world and i was so shocked about the different cultures around us. There are so many that are good and morally sound. so many that we can learn from and can base our own country after. But then there are the most unusual things such as in the African tribe cultures that literally are unthinkable. Its shocking to see how far off we have become from the truthfulness of a life lived following the Lord.
But that being said, I do appreciate the diversity of our lives.
             Going to BYUI it can be hard to find diversity. I mean lets face it. the majority of us think the same, have the same feelings toward different issues. our backgrounds are not all that diverse either. so i find it all just a little boring. No challenging view points, or creative or colorful backgrounds. I live in california and there are so many people everywhere that believe different things and do different things and i just find it all a little more exciting. so i dont think it is up to us to decide how they live. not our part to judge or look down on a different culture. The Lord sent us down here with the power to choose to live whatever life we want to live. so are we better then He? no. we should not judge or try to throw our own beliefs or cultural morals on others. But we can live as an example of how blessed we can be if we live the way of the Lord.

           I love my family. and i love the efforts that have been taken from my family now and the generations previous to mine that have made it possible for me to live the way i am today. I hope that one day, everyone will be able to live the wonderful gospel filled life that I have been privileged to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment